If you need to block the SIM card you need to apply in one of the following ways:
- 111 (free of charge from Vodafone mobile in Ukraine);
- 0800 400 111 (free of charge from any number in Ukraine).
You need to answer one of the following questions for confirmation that you are the owner of the SIM card:
- PUK code (8 digits indicated on the plastic holder from your old SIM card);
- Two phone numbers used most often by you outgoing called or sent messages for the last 30 days (except for short numbers and numbers that start at 0-800/900...).
To restore a lost SIM card, purchase a starter pack for "Restore and replacing a SIM card", worth 25 UAH. Please note that when replacing a SIM card, the phone number, balance, tariff package and all connected services are saved at the time of replacing the SIM card. Contacts stored on the old SIM card are not restored.
Call to one of the numbers:
- 222 (free of charge from Vodafone mobile in Ukraine);
- 0800 400 222 (free within Ukraine).
Provide the necessary information to the operator and the serial number of the new USIM card.
If within the first 30 days after the activation of the new start package or the last replacement, the SIM/USIM-card has stopped working, please contact Vodafone store for a free replacement of the SIM/USIM-card with a new one.
A SIM/USIM-card is not guaranteed for free replacement in the following cases:
- SIM/USIM-card was blocked as a result of 10 attempts to enter the incorrect PUK-code;
- the SIM/USIM-card shows cracks, chips, scratches or other defects caused by mechanical damage or temperature influence.