Changing the format of the SIM-card
To receive new SIM-card in micro- and nano-USIM format, that supports 4G, appeal to the nearest Vodafone store with the activated SIM-card.
If the number was lost or SIM-card does not work
To block the SIM-card and receive the duplicate, you need to draw up the statement, by using one of the following ways:
- Viber or Telegram
- Facebook Messenger
- 111 (the call is free from Vodafone mobile in Ukraine);
- 0800 400 111 (the call is free from any number in Ukraine)
To confirm, that you are the owner of the number give an answer on one of the following questions to the operator:
- PUK-code (8 digits, that are specified on the pervious SIM-card’s plastic holder).
- Two numbers , to which you called most often or sent SMS for the last 30 days (except the short numbers and numbers, that start from 0 800/900…)
After you drew up the statement appeal to the nearest Vodafone store.
- while appealing to the store, be prepared to give the number of the statement for SIM-card’s exchange, which was provided to you by the employee of the company (you can receive a duplicate during 30 days from the moment of its registration by the operator);
- to receive a dublicate SIM-card in Vodafone store you need to buy a starter package "Restoring and replacing the SIM-card", the cost of 25 UAH. SIM-card replacement is free of charge within the warranty service;
- the status of current account, tariff plan and all connected services on the moment of SIM-card’s exchange will be replaced to the new USIM-card;
- contacts in the phonebook that were stored on the old SIM-card will not be restored.